Starting in 2015, WSWBC would like to work with BC clubs to develop a tour of events. The tour will allow WSWBC to provide more support to BC Clubs, increase participation and provide a clear series of events for athletes looking to develop in towed watersports.
- Includes all disciplines.
- Open to all events hosted by WSWBC clubs and schools.
- Open to any tournament co-hosted by a WSWBC club that is out of province.
- Overall tour winners to be awarded by WSWBC.
- Create a marketable series of events.
- Develop club and school culture.
- Promote athlete and official participation in provincial events.
- Allow WSWBC to provide greater support and promotion to provincial events.
- Encourage athletes to participate in multiple disciplines.
The Tournament Point System
Points can be accumulated throughout the tour and will be used to acknowledge the top performing athletes and clubs on an annual basis.
Points will be awarded to the host club based on the following criteria:
- Host Club adds their event to Inter Club Tour: 1,000
- Chief of Comp: 500
- Assistant Chief of Comp: 250
- Calculator: 500
- Shore Judge or Boat Judge: 300
- Chief Boat Driver: 500
- Discipline Specific Boat Driver: 300
- Safety Officer or First Aid: 500
- Technical: 500
- Results sent to WSWBC within 8 days: 500
Points will be awarded to athletes in each category based on their final placing as follows:
- 1st: 1,000
- 2nd: 750
- 3rd: 500
- 4th: 300
- 5th: 150
Clubs can earn additional points by hosting development events in conjunction with the tournament:
- Club offers clinic, coaching or official training in conjunction with the event: 500
- Additional points will be awarded for each WSWBC member that attends the development clinic or training event: 250 per person
Schedule Of Events
There are sponsorship opportunities currently available for the tour. We are able to offer affordable opportunities for business to reach our network of families and grassroots athletes. Please contact email@example.com for details.
Add your event
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to have your event added to the 2015 Inter Club Tour.